Compatible with all UltraCam sensor models, the GSM 4000 builds on the legacy of the GSM 3000 mount used by aerial data acquisition companies worldwide to manage sensor movement during data capture missions but naturally features a number of enhancements that includes:
- Increased payload: 120kg. UltraCam systems weigh in at between 55kg and 85kg depending on the model and lens configuration.
- Reduced weight: 29kg. Adds less weight to the overall payload.
- A simplified control panel makes mount operation more intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Includes SOMAG tablet and app for parameter setup and management.
- Downward compatible to GSM 3000.
- Pitch: 8.8 deg.
- Roll: 7.0 deg.
- Drift: 25.0 deg.
Flying season is almost upon us and many of you may be considering updating or increasing your sensor capabilities. Be sure to consider your current mount situation and needs when you talk to your UltaCam rep so that we can plan accordingly!
For more details on this impressive new mount, see the SOMAG GSM 4000 web page.
– Jerry Skaw, Microsoft UltraCam Team